Thursday, May 10, 2018

Kansas City Savior Reflection


The Movie

I would like this to be somewhat of an extension of my end of the year reflection. my production role for the film was the documentarian. one thing I learned is that juggling work and school is a very hard thing to do. I could not go to the after school shoot because they were scheduled on days that I had work, every time. I think if we had more all-day shoots, more people would have been able to come. if we had maybe 5-6 shots starting at 8 am and ending at 11pm that would have been much better. plus, that’s how it is in the actually film industry, full days of work, not a few hours in the afternoon and isn't that the goal of Ecomm? to teach us about the industry? Even though I did not work on the film, I do have an opinion about it. I think it was an unfinished product. there was no character development at all, when the stakes were high, you didn't feel anything for the characters. they had no back story or anything to them. the costume design for a superhero movie is one of the biggest parts of the film, if not the biggest. its what captures the audiences eye. our costume design was not good to say the least. the film over all was a boring story and boring to look at. As most high school films are. one last thing, I did not appreciate not being in the credits, I know I didn't do much at all, but I did more that others (I wont name names) and I feel like I wasn't even part of the class this year, I feel hurt. 


Strengths/ improvements

My strengths as an Ecomm student would have to be my collaboration skills, I do not like film anymore and I couldn't find any time to go to the shoots. my straights could not be used this year because of that. I wish I could have showed up but I just couldn't. I do not believe that I need to improve on anything when it comes to this class. I am not going into the film industry so I don't need to improve my skills. I do not want to improve.

Summary

The only thing I liked about the premiere was getting to see my "friends" before the movie. the seating was all messed up, the movies were boring and not good. but that is partly my fault, I did not work on them so I didn't get the pride of seeing them on the big screen. I would say that assigned seat would be nice. also, the limo ride was nice and all, but it took away the students from their families and guest who came to see the movie, they were there for them but didn't even get to be with them very long. My over all take away would have to be that, in this whole process I have learned something, I do not like the film industry and the people in it. this whole process really helped me in finding what I really love doing, teaching and animals. what I would change for next year has already been said. I would like to thank you for this experience and I wish you the best of luck next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment